Digital Cameras for a good price

S

Sammy

Does anyone know where I could get a cheap digital camera. Willing to spend about 250.

Try e-bay also, making sure to buy from sellers with a high approval rating(I wouldn't buy from a seller with >95% approval)..daithi

daithi said:
Try e-bay also, making sure to buy from sellers with a high approval rating(I wouldn't buy from a seller with >95% approval)..daithi

You mean <95% rating of course. :)

[broken link removed] have some good offers on [broken link removed] but with not as good a range as some others. I bought a nice [broken link removed] from them and have had no problems with it. Their [broken link removed] is useful - I have sent back the odd item bought in error (card didn't work in camera etc.) and got a full refund.

Hoping to get a digital camera for Christmas this year - what should I be looking for???Just want something for general use.

onway said:
Hoping to get a digital camera for Christmas this year - what should I be looking for???Just want something for general use.

Depends on what you are looking for.

I would stick to a good make e.g. Canon or Nikon as first choice, and others including Samsung, Kodak etc. as second.

In the compact market, you want at least 3.2 megapixels and ideally 4 or 5 - if you pay more money, you will get more pixels but 3.2 is good for A4 printing which is the biggest most people do. In terms of camera cost, it used to cost €100 per megapixel but this is not really true anymore, but the 7 or 8 megapixels cameras still command a premium.

You might want to pay attention to the memory card format - I would stick with SD cards as being pretty common and cheap. xD cards are more expensive. Compact Flash is obsolete. While Sony cameras are very stylish, one downside is that you are stuck with the proprietary Memory Stick format of which they just can't seem to get the form factor right (what with all the Memory Stick Pro/Duo/[broken link removed] rubbish).

LCD size might be a factor and ease of use should be.

Apart from all this, you should of course be looking at the lens, how fast the "shutter" speed is and what the pictures are like for action shots and low light shots.

There are many good sites on the Net such as http://www.dpreview.com/ (only problem is the model numbers are American and different in some cases to European ones so you need to do some research) and CNET's Digital Camera Buyers Guide.

I would recommend the Sony DSC T7 5MPixel camera-its very easy to use, very comapct, and has a good sized viewfinder..if you or anyone you know is going stateside to shop, the produo memory sticks are much cheaper over there.I would recommend you get at least 512MB of memory. Memory seems to be much cheaper in the US than on ebay for some reason.. Theres a seller on ebay called bestsellerhk2002 who I have used, and have found to be very reliable and fast.I ordered the camera on a thurs and got it the following mon via DHL.Hope some of this helps...daithi

has anybody got any info on factory refurbished digital cameras
for sale on ebay ,they look like a good deal if they are kosher

Refurbs can be a good deal, but generally have limited warranties. Check the small print for 'restocking' fees, and bear in mind that the cost of returning the camera to the States (with insurance and proof of delivery)is the buyer's responsibility.

For the budget the OP has mentioned — well, a few euro more — I recommend .

Back