Digital Camera Kaput

mickeyg

I bought a digital camera in the U.S. about 6 months ago and worked fine for a while but now seems to have gone kaput. I cannot turn it on or get any reaction from it at all. Local camera shop wanted the equivelant of twice what I paid for it to have " alook at it". Don't have the guarantee but it was bought form a big reputable chain in the U.S.
Any suggestions??

if you are trying to power it with batteries, take them out and use an ac adaptor - to isolate whether it is a battery connection problem or whether no power of any sort is getting through.

what model is it?

If thats the correct model you could see about getting a new battery for it - €21 + delivery for a starter kit which has battey, paper tripod etc

alternatively you could buy a whole new camera but that would seem a bit excessive

have you got an ac adaptor for it? it's your quickest way to suss out if it's just a battery problem or not. If it is you could as Paddy says , just buy a new battery on Ebay or Pixmania - of course it might not be the battery problem but the battery connections.