Digital camera ......HELP!!!!!

onway

Have spent the last few days looking at digital cameras on Pixmania,Komplett,Amazon,Argos etc etc and am now VERY confused!

1. Was looking at either Kodak Z730 or Canon A610 - anyone got experience of these??

2. Found a deal on Argos - Kodak Z700 and printer for £200 - thought this might be good but this camera is not as popular as the other ones I was looking at.

3. Do I need to get a printer at all or should I just get camera and print out in chemist ?

All advice gratefully accepted!

Onway,
Sorry, I don't know the brands of camera you mention but you don't need to have a printer to get photographs printed.
It depends on how serious you are as a photographer and how many pictures you might want to print.
Home printer inks and paper can be quite expensive. Many photo shops have reasonable value in per-print deals. You can also choose which photographs you want to print and which you dont.
Good luck choosing.

You can download to PC , burn to cd and show on a DVD player.
Prints can be made from CD either home or commercially.

dont know about the camera but i would not bother with a home printer, there are other threads in this section that recommend sites such as photobox for printing. you can also show the pictures on your tv direct from your camera. If you look around you can generally get prints for about 20c a picture

bsloe said:
dont know about the camera but i would not bother with a home printer, there are other threads in this section that recommend sites such as photobox for printing. you can also show the pictures on your tv direct from your camera. If you look around you can generally get prints for about 20c a picture

I agree. I know there are probably better generic paper deals than the branded special photo paper I was looking at in an office supply store recently but I worked out that the cost per page of the branded 4X6" paper was more than the cost in the pharmacy next door of 4X6" prints.

Checkout Jessops at end of Grafton St for 4" x 6" photo paper.
They had it a week or so ago for Eur9.49 for a 50 sheet pack.
However, remind them its GBP£3 on their UK website and they may discover a pricing error and charge you Eur4.49.

Grumpy said:
Checkout Jessops at end of Grafton St for 4" x 6" photo paper.
They had it a week or so ago for Eur9.49 for a 50 sheet pack.
However, remind them its GBP£3 on their UK website and they may discover a pricing error and charge you Eur4.49.

In Lidl a couple of weeks ago, they had boxes of photo paper for €4.99.
Brand name Unicorn, photo glossy inkjet paper, 100 sheets, 10x15cm, 210g/m, 5760 dpi.
Seemed worth a try but I haven't used them yet so can't personally vouch for the quality.

onway, the price of paper and ink makes home printing very expensive. I have never bought prints online but there are lots of places offering cheap prints. I usually save mine onto a CD and take it to a chemist and get about 100 developed at the time - overall I'm happy enough with the results.

On the question of comparing camera try - http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sidebyside.asp

have a look at ebay for bargains-try googling for digital camera comparisons also..daithi

Back