Digital Camera for < 300Euro

Zapatista

Hi all,

I've got about 300Euro to spend on a digital camera. Can anyone recommend a camera in this region that will be worth the money?

Cheers

Zapa.

Hey,
I bought a samsung 7 million pixel camera in argos for €239.99 over a month ago and am very pleased with it. I haven't developed any photos with it but i've e mailed them and loaded them on the computer. I am waiting to get a few more photos and get a load developed together.
It drains batteries really quickly so its best to buy rechargable batteries that have high capacity. I bought ones in argos and they last ages in it compared to disposables.
I also had to buy a memory card for the digital camera i bought this over the internet and a usb port to put the memory card into to connect ot computer.
Hope this helps!

It all depends what you want it to do. Have a look at the suggestions/links provided in these recent posts:

Key Post: Digital cameras
Advice on digital camera purchase please
Fuji FinePix Z1 or similar?

If you're new to digital cameras (and even if you're not), www.dpreview.com is a great resource — have a look through their guides, and compare a few models. You should then go to a local camera shop (a 'proper' one, not Dixons/Currys) and try actually handling a few. Then price them online at the likes of .

Also bought the Samsung A7 in Argos and am very happy. Quality is very good and Movies/Mpegs a fairly clear aswell. You cant go wrong for 240.

Well whichever you decide on don't buy it in Argos! You'll get it much cheaper from Pixmania or Amazon. I'd go for one of these:

Full auto features for novices plus manual control for those who want it, 10x optical zoom. Don't get caught up in the number of pixels, its the quality of the sensor as much as the number of pixels that counts.

DaveD said:
Well whichever you decide on don't buy it in Argos! You'll get it much cheaper from Pixmania or Amazon.

Amazon seem to have decided they don't want our business anymore:

I bought a Canaon A430 for myself as a starter camera, and a Fuji Z1 for my sister for a wedding present.

The Canon was €150 plus delivery and the Fuji was €180 plus delivery. Both are great little starter cameras and I think would retail for a lot more here. Got delivery within a couple of days from Pixmania.

I would second not to buy in Argos, because as far as I know, Fuji Z1 I got for €180 is in the catalogue for €301

DaveD said:
I'd go for one of these:

Full auto features for novices plus manual control for those who want it, 10x optical zoom. Don't get caught up in the number of pixels, its the quality of the sensor as much as the number of pixels that counts.
That's my camera! :) And a lovely job it does, too — I didn't 'plug' it simply because I though you might be looking for something a bit more compact.

Btw, I had a friend bring it back from the States for <€200, a year ago...

Back