Digital camera Canon powershot a400 or a410?

witchymand

Sorry I do keep posting about getting a digital camera, but have finally narrowed it down to two different ones, what do you think?
Also just wanted to ask when I take photos on either of these, do you just take the memory card into the likes of Boots and get the photos you want developed.
Also can you buy extra memory cards?
Finally where is the best place to buy either of the above.
Ahhhhh thanks in advance.

witchymand said:
Sorry I do keep posting about getting a digital camera, but have finally narrowed it down to two different ones, what do you think?
Also just wanted to ask when I take photos on either of these, do you just take the memory card into the likes of Boots and get the photos you want developed.
Also can you buy extra memory cards?
Finally where is the best place to buy either of the above.
Ahhhhh thanks in advance.
Canon is a good make - you won't go far wrong.

I suspect the [broken link removed]is the replacement for the A400 so unless you get the A400 at a good price, I would say that you should buy the A410.

Note that it comes with a paltry 16MB of internal memory - you will need to buy a MMC card or SD card to go into it. You can get these online very reasonably from the likes of komplett.ie e.g. [broken link removed].

Update: Check out the canon site for the [broken link removed] and the [broken link removed]. The A400 comes in 4 different colours. The focal lengths are different - the A410 does a super closeup mode (1.5cm). I'm sure you can think of some fun things to do with that. :)

I work in a camera shop and my advice would be to go for the A410. Its a lovely little camera. It comes with a 16mb sd card so you will need to buy an extra sd card. Once you buy a bigger card you will never have to buy another again, you can just keep filling it up and erasing as you please. Advance warning: as a rule, digital cameras that take AA batteries EAT batteries so i would advise you to invest in rechargeables to save yourself a few bob in the long run.

For a few € more you can get the Canon Powershot 520 which has higher resolution and more features. It's a nice camera for both point and shoot as well as more advanced use. I like the connect direct to printer (not via a computer) feature too. sell it for €177 including VAT plus €13 for delivery. Almost as cheap as you'd get it in the US.

Back