DigiBox

astras

Guys, does anyone know the deal with a digibox?

I have heard a few people having them and they seem cheaper than Sky etc...

Does anyone have any further info on them?

If you are talking about Starview etc then they are about to become useless with UPCs upgrade to Nagravision 3. It is also illegal to use the to view stations to which you are not entitled to.
With that in mind expect this thread to be locked.

No, I think he might mean that one you can buy in Tesco, Woodies etc. where you pay a once off fee for the box and installation? It's called Sat4Free or someting like that. Digi as opposed to dodgy, I suppose.

I haven't actually met anyone yet who has bought one.

Ah yes. I remember a few lads here arguing with me that such a thing doesn't exist :p
Ther are satellite & there are cable boxs, but as of yet freeview is not fully rolled out in Ireland..

I recently got one of these Free to air sat setups, cost me €240 to include dish, 4 way splitterbox on dish ( to accomodate 4 CABLES IN FROM DISH), receiver box and also included full set up and demonstration.

Main channels are:
BBC1, 2,3,4,
BBC sports ( simply show re runs of Say rugby, swimming, F1 etc whatever was shown on main BBC channel.
ITV 1, 2,3, 4
Channel 4
More 4, +1
E, +1
Also the numerous variations of BBC, ITV, such as Wales, Scotland, N.I.
Numerous GOD channels, Sky News, True movies ( a few) Zone movies ( a few) a few Nigerian & Arab stations, Euro news, a few music ones, a few cartoon ones...............

200 or so channels, about a dozen watchable !
Also has a load of radio channels, best BBC 5live reception you will ever hear, beats the crackly car reception any day !

Reception is perfect.

In a rural setting, so either that or SKY.

Secman

That looks good. Are the irish stations rte1,2 Tv3 tg4 etc on it as well or do you need the dreaded rabbits ears? Who provided it please?

Back