dig camera and passport photo printer

guzzler

Hi All,

I work for a company where we pay a small fortune for passport photos to be taken.
We in IT have decided to purchase a digi camera and printer so that it can be done in-house.
We like the fuji 5.2mp camera but are open to suggestions on which way to go.

Has anyone any suggestions on what to go for?

Thanks

Hi guzzler

As long as 4 years ago I used a 2 megapixel camera to take a passport photo shot - the quality will be fine on any current camera for this purpose. The main thing is using photo software that allows you to size the photo to exact passport requirements (which are specified on the passport form).

Works a treat and you can even clone out those skin blemishes!

As for the printer, the Canon Pixma printers are great from my experience and very cheap to fill up with ink (using compatible cartridges - I buy them from www.choicestationery.co.uk)

Last edited:
Agreed - you don't need more than 2Mp for passport-size photos (or even up to 6"x4" / 5"x7")

Fuji cameras are great value, and the supplied Finepix software will allow you retouch/resize and print out on any standard PC printer - all you'll need is some glossy paper, which you can pick up in any computer store (or buy cheaper online).
Suggest you check out the special offers on or www.7dayshop.com.

I recently purchased a Fuji finepix E550 and I am very happy with it. It is 6.2 mp and the quality is first class. I purchased mine over the net from Pixmania.com and saved a packet. I ordered it at 10pm on a Sunday night and it arrived at my door on Tuesday morning at 9.40 am .............from PARIS. Excellent service and an excellent camera. I would highly recommend it.
Nosey Joe
P.S. Just noticed that shopireland.com have theE550 at an excellent price at the moment.