Difficult to sell car privately

S

Selinaa

We have a 02 Peugeot 406,70k on Car Zone at 10,000e reduced to 9,000e and no interest.
Do other people find it difficult to sell privately? Opel will give us 8,500e and this 50/50 deal. I'm not sure if we can 'swap' for a new car after 2 years or not. We didn't really want a new car, and have to pay 13,500, the other 50% in 2 years, but at the moment it seems like a good offer. Has anyone availed of the 50/50 Opel offer?

Beware of the dealer offer on trade in. It's not what it seems. If he gives you 8.500 it will be against the list price of a new car. If you sell privately and are a cash buyer you can get 1,000 to 1,500 off the list price so really he is only giving you 7,500 or even 7,000.

Have you tried www.buyandsell.ie? I recently put my car in there (mind you it's a 98 Peugeot 106 so would have been a lot cheaper) and I got quite a few calls, before withdrawing it as my replacement wasn't ready yet. I've just put it in again now.

I have just sold a 2002 Polo using carzone. I put it up last Monday, didn't get any calls all week, then got two on Friday. The person who came to see it first bought it for €8000. I had advertised it at €8250.

I think it all comes down to price in the end. Make sure yours is at the lower end of average for the same make and model, year, etc. Also emphasise any bonus features like low mileage, service history, etc.