Different types of Mondeo's - Help

browser

Hi,

I am thinking about buying a Ford Mondeo up north and when I was looking up the VRT rates I got a bit of a shock to see all the various models.

I am looking for a 2 litre diesel turbo or something similar - the VRT site give over 25 different variants - there's CI, DI, LX, Zetec. Ghia, Titanium and of course the different BHP from 90 to 130 and combinations of all of the above.

I have driven for years, but this is all double dutch to me - can anyone help - even make a recommendation as to what I should stay away from?

Thanks,
Browser

Hi Browser

My wife would say stay away from Mondeos but I like them. My recommendation would be a 2007 upwards new model 1.8 tdi zetec, lower tax but 125 BHP. Can be had quite cheap from UK, dearer in NI. Despite having some bad luck with current Mondeo I would buy the new model.

Slim

In diesel there is TDCI and TDDI - the former is the one to get - newer more refined common rail.

LX usually has lower bhp than Zetec.. Alloys and a few other toys included with Zetec. Ghia and Titanium I think are better spec than Zetec.

Thanks Leex - it should a bit more sense to me from now on.

It reminds me of the old sayins "bull**** baffles brains" - just keep throwing out numbers and letter and people will stop trying to figure it all out.

Back