Different prescription from 2 different opticians - what to do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluebean

hi,

Bit of a saga but I'll keep it as short as I can.

2 weeks ago I went for an eye test at a branch of a well known chain of opticians (am I allowed mention names?). Have gone there for the last 6 year or so, always got on ok.

I wasn't particularly happy with my eye test, mainly when I asked questions about my change in prescription I didn't get what I thought was a comprehensive answer. The optician said my prescription had changed, that he'd up the strength of my glasses from -2.5 in both eyes to -3 in both eyes, and that I could 'see how I got on' with them but that I 'might have to come back & say you can't get used to the stronger lenses'. I asked whether it was a good idea to maybe give me stronger lenses than I might need and got a shrug & 'well that's kind of all that can be done' answer.

Today I went for a second eye test, different optician. Lo and behold, different prescription. -3 in one eye, but keeping the other eye at -2.5, plus the sphere number is different on both prescriptions. I asked for a print out of my prescription from both places as initially when I started this, I had hoped to maybe buy my glasses online.

What do I do now? Do I go for a third eye test with another optician? I could end up with a third prescription! All I want is to get the correct prescription - surely it can't be that hard?!

Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back