Differance between current and business account

Kye1

Hello.

I am thinking of opening a internet cafe in the village i live in. I have been looking up on the AIB business starter package, and i have found it useful so far.

It does not explain in detail what a business account does, and how it can benefit me. Would anyone know the key differances between a current account and a business account?

Kye.

Not an expert here but to my knowledge the big difference between thetwo is charges on the account.Eg. if you are making lodgements etc the charges will be different to that of your current account depending on the amounts you are lodging etc. A friend of my has recently set up a business and found the best deal with bank of ireland,her original current account was with another bank but she found that boi had the best start up deal for her,free business banking help and advise etc,my advice to you would be to shop around dont simply go with the bank you have your own personal accounts with, the banks are looking for your business so you can play them off against each other.go to all the banks and ask to speak to their business start up manager and just ask questions whatever you need to know ask then you can make an informed decision.hope this helps

AIB has free of charges for the first 3 years, and for 3 years you can register to a group of small firms which i assume is for sharing advice. I will look into BOI and see how they compare.

Kye.

Back