Did you have a phobia?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jameson123

Hi all,

I have had a phobia of cats and birds ever since childhood. I have lived with the fear of being attacked by a cat or a bird for years. I had always assumed that it was something that I would just have to live and cope with.

I never tried to deal with it due to a lack of knowing what to do, the embarrassment involved etc. (I realise that it's extremely difficult for most to comprehend the fear that I feel in the presence of those (seemingly harmless!) animals, but I can assure you that it is very real to me!)

So I always tried to avoid birds and cats as much as possible and I rarely talked about it, as as I said it's difficult for people without experience of it to understand.

However recently my attitude has changed. I had a sort of epiphany. I realise now that I'm not the only one with these kinds of phobias, and that it's not that uncommon after all. I also realise now that I can take steps to rid myself of this horrible fear.

I would like to hear from people who had genuine phobias and their stories please. What they were and how you beat them! Talking about them is an important step in beating them!

Thanks in advance,
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back