Did or will Ford recall its Mondeo 2003 130bhp TDCI?

i wouldnt hold your breath i have worked for ford for years and have seen thousands of flywheels been changed i dont think a recall will start now,as i happens this problem is not only on ford alot of other manufacturers suffer the same problems with flywheels

I bought a Mondeo 2L diesel a few months ago and theres a noise to be heard when its in neutral. Ive searched a few sites and I reckon theres a problem with the transmission. Is there any chance it might be something a little cheaper than €1300 ???
Does the clutch plate and flywheel need to be changed always?

we do them all the time if you just need the flywheel we charge around 800 ish and if it needs a clutch kit we just fit one while the box is out

Thanks Ford Jedi for all the advice, and I agree that it is probably unlikely that there will be any recall on this issue without a huge battle with Ford. One thing still puzzles me though, why would it be a potential safety issue and therefore a recall issue in the Galaxy, but not in another model of the same year with the same engine where the problem is also known to exist, other than there are undoubtedly FAR fewer galaxies to cover? Is it just the price?

As posted above, I had the clutch and flywheel replaced and its been driving perfectly ever since.

However, there is a slight 'rattle' when the engine is idling, which comes and goes but can be loud enough - almost like a vibration. I put this down to exactly that - perhaps a losse screw somewhere causing a vibration, but would any of you have suggestions on anything else that might be causing the rattle?

i think the altenator pully bearing can give that sound,however there's a few pullys on the same side and it could be any of them