Dictionary Problem With Nokia 6300.

Lex Foutish

I've posted here before about my new Nokia 6300. Can anyone tell me how to save a word in the dictionary in a way that it will remain there?

I've tried a few ways but I have to insert the word again at a later date.

According to some Nokia forum:

You need to make sure your phone or memory card has a folder called "Dictionary". If not, add one yourself:
Gallery > Options > Add Folder [the folder will be in phone memory]
or
Gallery > Memory Card > Options > Add Folder [the folder will be on your memory card]

then type "Dictionary" and press <OK> to create the folder.

I think it's up to you whether you want all your custom words to be stored in the phone memory (less space) or on your memory card (larger, but if you switch memory cards you'll have to recreate the dictionary).

So now you can swear away by text, predictively. ;)

i have a different problem on my Nokia N95... when i type 'is' I get 'gp' instead on the predictive text, I have to hit * and it changes to 'is'... some other short words have also changed from the obvious word to something really weird.. pretty annoying and sort of wrecks the predictive text.

i have a different problem on my Nokia N95... when i type 'is' I get 'gp' instead on the predictive text, I have to hit * and it changes to 'is'... some other short words have also changed from the obvious word to something really weird.. pretty annoying and sort of wrecks the predictive text.

Sounds extremely annoying alright. Is it still under guarantee? If so, I'd take it back if I were you.

My Nokia95 now signs me off as Miamla, not Nicola, which is a new development.

It also seems to have very irritating txt spk (!) stored in it's original memory, eg OTT coming up instead of out.
Possibly useful for teenagers, but erm...I could possibly do without it.

Nicola

Back