Devenish Road Area-Crumlin/kimmage

MG01

Anyone know what kind of area this / surrounding streets is? Is the area safe to walk around, near to shops, annoying kids etc.
All advice appreciated, Thanks

MG01 said:
Anyone know what kind of area this / surrounding streets is? Is the area safe to walk around, near to shops, annoying kids etc.
All advice appreciated, Thanks

Nice area, very quiet, young kids playing football on the road but that's about it. 5 mins walk to a superquinn.

I've been living up the road from Devenish for 5yrs. Considered moving this summer out of Dublin but changed our minds, this area has too much to offer Shops, schools, doctors, gym, close to town/M50 etc. TAke a walk around the area some weekend, familiarise your self with the roads by map first, its easy to get lost. Or take a look at the aerial photos on my home.ie. We aren't from the area, it took us a while to settle in at first. I feel safe here, but wouldn't venture out a night. There used to be alot of joyriding up here but it has eased off a gud bit. Our car was stolen and burnt out when we first moved in and we did have bikes stolen but that was more down to us not securing our belongings. If you're looking at a particular house get an idea of neighbours. Most of the people are brilliant but there is the odd household that may have alot going on. One side of us is great but the other side are a little agressive, we've had to rush our kids indoors a good few times. At the end of the day you close the front door and keep to yourselves. We are thinking of moving closer to the superquinn end, to get a larger garden and get closer to kids school etc. I'm happy to be here. Try for an end of terrace, they're bigger and more valuable. Easier if you want to extend out the back etc. Good luck anyway, hope i've been of som help?

I've been living up the road from Devenish for 5yrs. Considered moving this summer out of Dublin but changed our minds, this area has too much to offer Shops, schools, doctors, gym, close to town/M50 etc. TAke a walk around the area some weekend, familiarise your self with the roads by map first, its easy to get lost. Or take a look at the aerial photos on my home.ie. We aren't from the area, it took us a while to settle in at first. I feel safe here, but wouldn't venture out a night. There used to be alot of joyriding up here but it has eased off a gud bit. Our car was stolen and burnt out when we first moved in and we did have bikes stolen but that was more down to us not securing our belongings. If you're looking at a particular house get an idea of neighbours. Most of the people are brilliant but there is the odd household that may have alot going on. One side of us is great but the other side are a little agressive, we've had to rush our kids indoors a good few times. At the end of the day you close the front door and keep to yourselves. We are thinking of moving closer to the superquinn end, to get a larger garden and get closer to kids school etc. I'm happy to be here. Try for an end of terrace, they're bigger and more valuable. Easier if you want to extend out the back etc. Good luck anyway, hope i've been of som help?