Desperatly seeking a good band

C

Car-azy

I am getting married in August 2007 and I am trying to seek a top class band. Music is sooo important and I would appreicate any recommendations.

Cheers..

Fifth Avenue - had them for our wedding and they're great but expensive.

[broken link removed] *

Ive pm'd contact details (dont like posting mobiles). Gigging practically every week in dublin, 10 years in the business, you will not be disappointed.

* I do have an affiliation with them.

On that expensive comment. As Im connected with a band, I know the going rate is anything from around 1500 up to 24-2500 for a wedding band, but, like all services, you really get what you pay for with the more expensive bands.
But what do people think is expensive?
5th avenue would charge a bit more then most, but they do deliver the goods on the night, so is the price expensive?

RD is right, no matter who you go with, always check them out first.
Couple of tips, if you see a band in a club or pub, the set is more then likely not what you would hear at a wedding, and ask about a DJ to be supplied by the band as this can often work out to be less then getting a seperate DJ.

you're right about the 'expensive' comment - we were more than willign to pay premiums for all the services at our wedding because we knew it would be done right with minimum fuss - we followed suit with photographer/cake designer/car company/hotel/invites and it was all worth it in the end. that's not to say we were very cash flush - we just did our homework, decided what we wanted from the day and budgeted for it well in advance and I have to say it was all worthwhile.