Desperate Houses (on TV)

zag

I saw bits of this last night and I thought the waste involved was monumentous.

I understand the people had a lot of stuff to dispose of, but to see a skip full of what looked like perfectly good clothes/toys/stuff was just awful. Surely they could have given some of the stuff to charity instead of dumping it ? I'm sure they probably did give some to charity, but there was still a skip full of stuff there at the end of the show - it just looked wrong.

I (accidentally) saw part of this program before and I don't know whether last night was a repeat, but it also featured shots of a lot of good stuff being thrown into the skip.

Does anyone else feel this was such a waste of money ?

z

We did a big clear out a couple of years back and found that charities in general and St.VDeP in particular didn't want any household stuff that wasn't new.

isnt all that household stuff the go at car boot sales??, couldnt you make a few bob as well as getting rid?

I think there is a point where enough is enough ... when you buy something new you should rid yourself of something old ... otherwise stuff just takes over ... I think the motto reduce reuse recycle should focus more on the reduce and reuse than the latter ... how many sets of clothes/soft toys etc do children really need?

on a related point i am sick to death of property programmes on tv
everytime i turn the tv on there seems to be one on
i caught the new one on rte 2 last night called "im an adult get me out of here" and i nearly lost the will to live

Back