Desktop computer recommendation

Munsterman

I am looking for a desktop computer and saw an ad for PC World running this week in the Herald AM, for a HP AMD Turion 64 Mobile ML-34 Processor. Its spec is outlined below:
- 1 GB DDR RAM
- 200GB Hard Disk Drive
- Dual Layer DVD-Rewriter Drive
- 256mb ATi Xpress 200 Graphics
-19" HP Widescreen flat panel monitor
-Wireless keyboard and mouse
-9-in-1 Media Card Reader
-5x USB Connections
-Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Model: S 7510

The price is €899 (€150 off the regular price). An attractive thing about PC World is they offer 12 months interest free credit.

Can anyone advise whether this is a good deal. I will be using the PC for the internet, some gaming, music/dvd and occasional work?

I look forward to your opinions.

Thanks

Munsterman

Hi Munsterman, I dunno much about that particular model, but I have been buying HP machines (DX2000 & DX2200) for the past year and a half for users at work. I have bought approx 20 and yet to have a problem with any of them. If anything they are too reliable, gonna end up putting me out of a job

My previous brand (which will remain nameless) kept me alot busier!!

Hi Musterman, I would recommend the Dell Dimension E520 for €939. The amd turion 64 is a singe core processor where as the dell has a Intel Core 2 Duo Processor has two cores. Simply put i you got two amd turion chips put them in the computer they still would not be as fast as the single intel Duo Processor. Also the graphics card in the dell would be much better for playing games. The hp computer has integrated graphics card which are not great for gaming.