Designing a walk-in wardrobe

Bamhan

Anyone know of any web sites or companies out there which supply the interior fittings for a wlak in wardrobe. Mine is 9ft 6 inches by 6 feet 6 inces and I want to fit it out so as to maximise storage etc.
Sliderobes no longer supply the internal fitting alone and I don't need doors. Anyone know anyone else.
I am asking a couple of carpenters for quotes but I am working on designing the layout and could do with a little inspiration.
Any help appreciated.

The Panneling Centre on the Long Mile Road do these. Lots of fancy sliding bits and pieces to make the best use of the available space.
Leo

hey we fitted out our walk in wardrobe. We used MFI to order the base units as the size's were exact. they have 6 drawers down and could fit 3 across so have 18 drawers for storage. i put 6 open box units on top on either side and left enough room for shoe shelves in between (remember to allow extra space in 2 rows for boots if your missus wears any). on the opposite wall i put 2 rails for hanging clothes. one went the 9ft long and the other 6ft long this allowed 3 ft hanging space for long dresses and coats.

Anyone with any further feedback on this topic??

I have a walk in wardrobe space 6ft 8 by 6f with the door opening out

I had mine done a number of years ago and I purchased a steel basket system from Storage Solutions in Harrolds Cross (not sure if they are still there or not 6 years ago). I saw something simular in woodies a year or two ago as well.

The baskets are white plastic coated steel and they fit in on a runner. You can have deep baskets or shallow baskets. I went with deep and a few shallow. On the top of one section I put a sheet of white/****e chip aprox 24" deep and 8' long and that gave me a worktop (wardrobe in dormer - odd shapes) and where I had room to put a tall unit I stacked one on top of the other and mounted another sheet of white/white chip to the back and was able to put a bar from the wall to the back of this shelve unit for long hanging clothes. Its great that I don't have to be opening drawers to see where everything is.

I was looking in the recent IKEA catalogue and they have a wonderful layout for a walk in waderobe - can be bought modular - I'm not sure of the cost but would be qworth checking out.