Design of the Rabodirect Digipass

Carmel

Am I the only one who finds the Rabodirect Digipass difficult to use?

The buttons are so small, you have to be so careful not to press the wrong one. On the website the arrow key is a different colour, but on mine its all the one colour (dark grey). And the numbers on the screen are very small and close together as well.

I have perfect eyesight and dexterity, but I can imagine older people would not find it very easy.

I wrote to Rabodirect to complain about it and they told me that 'In designing the digipass the main concern was to have a portable device to carry around with you'. I don't understand why they think its so important to be able to carry it around. Most people I know use computers / on-line banking either at home or at work, and would leave the digipass in either place.

Would others agree?

C

I agree with you that it is badly designed. A good few friends are banking with Rabo and none of them - myself included - carry around the digipass. I carried it around in my bag for a day and noticed that it kept activating cause there is no 'lock' button on it, I also worried about it being damaged due to its awkward shape. Unless things fit in my wallet i generally don't carry them around. Like you, I also thought the screen would be too small and the buttons too awkward for older or disabled users.

It's a complete pain.

I prefer the AIB code card. Not a 'sophisticated' but easeir to carry and use.

BM

I carry mine around with me in my handbag so I can use it at work or at home. I havn't found it hard to use, though I do have nice small fingers!

I only use mine at home, when online.

Why would you carry it around with you? Is it to bank online at work?

I find it grand, no major complaints.

But I do see how an older person might have trouble with it, or be reluctant to use it.

i got caught unexpectedly having to transfer money when abroad and i luckily had my aib code card tucked in my wallet..I appreciate the extra level of security the digipass gives with the pin-code, but i just find it an odd size.. too small to use comfortably if your old or have bad coordination/eyesight and too big too fit in your wallet or hang off a keychain

Why would I want to carry it?

Work Computer
Laptop Computer
Home PC

Work from them all....DigiPass for all it's security just isnt pracitcal to carry

Now a Digi-Keyring - theres' a straight talking idea!

BM

I mainly use my digipass in work but keep it with me in case I need to use it at home!

I'm not old or non-technical but I find that with long nails, the buttons are hard to press. They could have made it a little bigger. Mine never leaves my house.

I have just openend a Rabodirect account and have received the Digipass thingy. Can someone enlighten me as to why exactly this object is necessary. Don't all the other banks operate online without customers having one of those things -? Could it be a security risk if one lost it?

I have no problems and I can't imagine that pensioners are their target market. Anyway, I'd have thought it was more usable than 90% of mobile phones out there...

Back