Design/Construct Company Website

MissRibena

Hi everyone

I'm looking for recommendations for someone who will do a well-presented company website for a small company without charging the earth.

There is nothing fancy required functionality wise - just a professional-looking, slick (maybe 10 page) website. I can do a basic one myself but I don't have the patience or the interest to get it really glossy looking.

It could be a couple of months down the line but does anyone have a recommendation? And what kind of ballpark cost it would be?

Thanks
Rebecca

I might be able to help. I'm a software developer. Not a designer by trade but can throw my hand to most things. Depends on whether you want logo desin etc...

To be honest I'd need to see a spec before issuing a price though.

For 10 pages it can be pricey enough. Get professional web company qoutes first is my opinion and then you have something to measure private parties against.
If you're interested anyway you can run it by me by PM if you like.

Gabriel said:
For 10 pages it can be pricey enough.

for something that's requested to be

MissRibena said:
There is nothing fancy required functionality wise - just a professional-looking

Gabriel - can you define "pricey enough"? For something simple and professional looking, whether it be one page or 10 pages, I wouldn't expect to be approaching anthing like pricey.

ronan_d_john said:
Gabriel - can you define "pricey enough"? For something simple and professional looking, whether it be one page or 10 pages, I wouldn't expect to be approaching anthing like pricey.

I've never got a professional quotation from a web company but I've heard about outageous prices. 10 pages is a relatively large site. From some like Modus Media I'd hazard a guess at 3k+..maybe more. I could be wrong but that's why I said to get a professional quotation first as a benchmark.

If Rebecca has that figure then she'll have a better idea whether or not a private individual is offering her a good deal or not. Or if she's happy with the price she gets from then then no need to go looking for anyone else.

Simple and professional looking can mean different things to different people. If there was a lot of design work involved. Is there e-commerce software etc etc?

hi im still learning but i made the www.ardbia.com website from scratch for
300euro (400 us dollars) (the gallery section has been recently updated by someone else)
if you are interested drop me a line -
regards,
oisin obrien

Most what you see is what you et packages like Microsoft Frontpage provide templates for basic websites that are easy to put together. You culd look at them as an option.

You also need to consider where to host the site and how often information on the site needs to be changed.

C

Thanks everyone.

Capaill, I know what you mean about Frontpage but I think they are looking for something that will tie in with their logo. It's the marketing/sales guy who is driving this so despite what I might think it will be a case of style over content, I'm afraid.

So I guess the work will be more design oriented than anything else. I don't think they will want to take orders online or make stock quantities available to customers. They would probably seek a quote for it but I doubt they would go ahead.

So basically I imagine it'll be an online brochure with a contact/feedback form.

Rebecca

Back