Design/Build and Supervise

Rico

I am building a 3000 sq ft house. My engineer has proposed a complete package with his colleagues a project manager and QS. The cost seems v reasonable at €85 a sq ft. I am wondering would there be a conflict of interest as opposed to employing a builder independently to the engineer. Also would there be more legal obligations on me re building regs ,health and safety with this arrangement.

Hi Rico,

Did You go with this option after?

85 Euro seems exceptional value and I am also considering using a Project Manager would be interested in Your experience if You used one

€85.... you would want to be very carefull with regards to finishes and agree everything exactly beforehand.

That is a very good rate for that size of house but be sure & clarify what is included as assumptions can lead to differences & hidden costs etc. The best thing of having those proffessionals working for you is that you dont have to deal with the sub-contract labour, your point of contact is solely with these three and dont hesitate in putting them under pressure. Remember the work for YOU!