Derelict Site? detracting from the street, problems with vermin etc

S

swanlake

Hi all,
I am looking for assistance in relation to a patch of land down the street from my house.
The street I live on is an L-shape. The land in question is situated on the apex of the L, and would be situated maybe 30 yars from my front door.
This patch of land previously had some run-down sheds/dumped rubbish on it, which the owner cleared in preparation for a planning application for 2 semi-d's (which was turned down by the council). At present it has general construction debris left on it; some of which are masonry from the sheds he pulled down. It has been like this or approx. the last 3 months. The previous sheds predated my estate which was built around 4 yrs. ago. This is obviously detracting from the street, and some of the other neighbours have noted an increase in vermin etc.

Does this classify as a derelict site? Is there an onus on the Council to make the owner clear the site? If so, what is the enforcement process?

Many thanks in advance.

Re: Derelict Site?

Could there also be a waste disposal issue? Construction debris left on site attracting vermin instead of being disposed of correctly.

Re: Derelict Site?

You can take action but get the council to do it for you, its all under the
DERELICT SITES ACT, 1990
It empowers the local authority to take action in your favour, OK?​

Back