Dept. of Foreign Affairs - AO induction

Podgerz

So I have accepted a job as Administratve Offcier (AO) in the civil service in the Department of Foreign Affairs but to be honest i dont really know what to expect. As it begins with a years probation I want to hit the ground running. What training is there to be expected for the first while? Im to report to hr next week- what work will i be involved in for the initial period? Ive always been involved in the private sector and not much actual role information is available online.

Did you ask them? You know the work is classified "Top Secret" and discussing it publicly will result in you being assigned as permanent special envoy without portfolio to Roackall?

You could strart by learning to use a spell-checker, checking your (NOT you're punctuation) and eliminating "so" at the beginning of written sentences.:) :)

Not a clue Dude, not a clue have I. Welcome aboard. Is the job permanent and pensionable after probation? If so, congratulations.

I'm delighted to see you are getting a proper induction.

In my opinion you should arrive to your induction on time. Listen, learn and meet your new colleagues.

Then start working to do the job you have been hired to do, to the best of your ability.

Then pass on the knowledge and experience you have gained to the next employee who gets the same job in 2 years time and wants to hit the ground running!

Best of luck, a very exciting opportunity.

Last edited:
Back