Deodorant Stains, Can I remove?

SparkRite

Hi All,

Mrs. Sparkrite has asked me to post this and ask if anybody has advice on how to remove the white staining left behind on shirts from deodorants.

So if you can help Mr. Sparkrite and sons shirts will be all the better for it:).

Thanks in advance.....

Very hard to remove.

[broken link removed] shows this:

"Read the care label fully first. Begin by rubbing the stain with white vinegar. If this doesn’t work, soak it in methylated spirit (take care when using it) for an hour. Place the rest of the garment above the area being soaked to avoid the solution being wholly absorbed by the garment. Always check the garment for colourfastness before using methylated spirits. If the stain persists, rub the stained area with laundry soap and water – as hot as the fabric will allow. Then soak overnight in Persil Biological and warm water. After this, wash normally."

[broken link removed] might be worth a try.

Pour Vanish on the stains and leave for half an hour before washing. That will remove most of the stain; it will eventually fade if you use vanish prewash everytime. I have stopped using spray on deodorants with loads of chemicals. I ony use Origin brand anti-perspirant deodorant now, no harmful chemicals or parabens (the chemical that was 'rumoured' to cause breast cancer). It doesn't stain clothing either.

Back