Delta

danole

Anyone flown with them latel?What're they like?"Her Indoors" flying to S.F. with them soon..... How do they compare to B'A. for instance?

Well from i was going to post that they're just fine but to be honest in comparison to BA they will fall short (quite a way). Like most US carriers they're struggling to keep their head above water so cost cutting is rampant so don't expect much from the service.

I was flying with them recently from S.F to JFK and then from JFK to Dublin. the flight was late leaving S.F and we missed the connection flight and they do not offer compensation (meal or accomadation) and the next flight they could offer was 24 hrs later. a lot of angry people as accomadation is expensive in NY especially a short notice. the next day it took 3.5 hrs to do whole check in /security process, serious crowds. Problem is all delta flights go through same check in desk both domestic and international (this was case for SF and NY). So as they are an american airline you can imagine the crowds. I wasnt impressed with them , very tiring process. I was on business if it was my choice i wouldnt go with them again. Its possible that this could be because of the summer being a busy time etc but i wouldnt be convinced.

We used them this past January for a trip to the US and I would be hard pressed to use them again.
During the flight the cabin crew managed to miss us (and the 2 rows before and after us) on every single food / bar run, when we ended up having to get up yet again to ask for our meals the implied apathy from the stewardess was that we should be grateful that she was even lowering herself to talk to us.
Delayed arrival into Atlanta meant that we missed our onward flight and there was no information on what to do, where to go, finally got directed to the correct desk for rebooking to a later flight, but without a modicum of apology / customer service.
My biggest concern was that on an internal flight they had children sitting at the emergency exits, although my understanding is that there should be an able bodied adult... when I mentioned it to the cabin crew I was made to feel like I was stealing candy from the kids!
The actual planes seem antiquated (as do most of the cabin crew, but thats a different discussion thread) if you have flown with a carrier with personal entertainment units recently, forget it, its 1 screen in the middle of the cabin and hopefully no-one will stand up!

"....we missed the connection flight and they do not offer compensation (meal or accomadation) and the next flight they could offer was 24 hrs later. a lot of angry people as accomadation is expensive in NY especially a short notice."

"Delayed arrival into Atlanta meant that we missed our onward flight and there was no information on what to do, where to go, finally got directed to the correct desk for rebooking to a later flight, but without a modicum of apology / customer service."

Maybe it is something common with American carriers or flights in America but I had painful experience similar to those quoted above with American Airlines. Although I'm not a frequent flier, I would not choose to use AA again.

We flew with Delta across the Atlantic and it was fine, comparable to Aer Lingus who we have also gone to / from America with.

However, on internal flights in America with Delta, the service standard dropped a bit - like getting on a bus almost. Still, ye pay your money......if you pay Ryanair prices you cannot really expect Business class ( or first claass or whatever you call your expensive fares ) service.

Overall, I would fly with Delta again , just as I would with Ryanair.