Delta "Best Fare Guarantee"

shesells

Was booking some Delta flights last night and found them for about €90 cheaper per person on Ebookers. I generally dislike booking flights on third party sites as I feel the airline has a direct duty of care if you book with them.

I had the Delta flights open on delta.com and got the identical flights and fare classes...I clicked on the best fare guarantee, read the blurb and the FAQ and it seemed that we qualified (to get the difference in fare returned and a $100 voucher for future travel on Delta). Based on this I completed the booking and filled in all the Guarantee details.

Got an email back last night saying that their terms and conditions mean the guarantee does not apply to fares booked in Europe (I somehow missed the T&C link, and stupidly thought the FAQ covered all bases). I do feel cheated, why offer a guarantee that says you won't get Delta flights cheaper on any other site provided you live in the 50 United States, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, or Canada....and if you live anywhere else...they don't really care.

Because I missed the T&C I guess I have no case for recourse? I asked them to give us the option to cancel our flights with a full refund so we could rebook the cheaper fares but no go :(

Back