dell software support over the phone costs

Thanks for the reply clubman but I can't access the website that's why I need the software support rang techical support and they think I have a software support problem. I am connecting wirelessly with a dell inspiron 1300 and can only access some sites, I am totally IT illiterate anyone any suggestions on what's wrong

Why not try another browser (e.g. Firefox instead of Internet Explorer) and see if that allows you to access dell.ie and other sites allowing you to troubleshoot your problem?

I can't get into the website "page cannot be displayed" think there is something missing from the lap top (2nd hand -family one) may go with dell support whatever the charge!!Thanks again hope I get sorted tomorrow if not I will go mad.

Assuming you are not already covered by a support contract/warranty allowing you to call them for advice then I presume you mean their Presto service which seems to charge €29, €59 or €89 per case depending on the complexity of the problem. Or you can pay €129 for annual cover. Their number is 1850 406 006.

Thanks clubman think that's the one will ring this today and hopefully get sorted.

Clubman just to update, spent over two hours on the phone to Presto and got sorted can access all areas now, cost €59 not bad I thought for the time they spent sorting it. After the whole thing I'm not actually sure what the problem was they went through so much stuff, thanks again.

Did they connect in remotely to take over your PC while fixing it or just talk you through things?

...and if they connected remotely, did you have to install anything? What software did they use to do this?

They connected remotley and took over my laptop using gotoassist, excellent service for €59 I thought considering the time they spent on the phone with me trouble shooting.

Leghron I logged onto dellconnect and gave access from there as far as I can remember.

Back