Dell Inspiron power cable

briancbyrne

Hi,
My power cable for my Dell Inspiron Laptop recently "split" and I was wondering if anyone knows of a shop in dub city which might sell these cables or even universal power cables.

I would go through Dell website but a frend in work was jus on to them and apparently the chrismas delivery delays have kicked in already.

Thanks

Same problem happened to me a few years ago and had to go through Dell as I couldn't find anywhere else that supplied them - unusual cable

brian, I don't think you will have too much trouble ordering from Dell, this would be classed as an options order and therefore won't really be effected by the christmas rush for systems.

Ouch, Dell use a different format to everyone else so you can't get a replacement in a regular store. I paid $70 for one in Canada from them. I really hope you are a business customer to get the reduced price.

Get your family handy man to fix it, its just a matter of splitting the transformer casing and re-soldering the connections. when thats done you can tape up the transformer housing, just make sure not to cover the LED.

Back