Delivery to home while out and not complete, supplier does not care what to do.

jonnykerry

Hi all, long story short I ordered 75×15kg of wood pellets on Tuesday for delivery today from a supplier in Cork. The total for the 75 bags inc delivery was 400 euro payed by debit card on the phone. The delivery was dropped to my house while I was not home today. On my return I removed the several layers of wrapping and discovered there is only 54 bags on the pallet. So 112 euros worth or 21 bags of my order was missing. I contacted the supplier and he swore blind he packed it himself and there was 75 bags. Ive rang several times and just getting a run around. I've stated that I did not sign for the delivery and that they need to sort out the remaining balance or refund me which they will not. Any advise much appreciated. I know its not a pile of money just the princple.

Was the order delivered by the supplier or a third party? If it was delivered by a third party maybe they have a record of the weight of the pallet?

jonnykerry,
Have a look at the bags and make sure they're 15kg and not a larger size.
Thanks buddy 100% there 15kg . This is what i get for buying from a supplier in Ireland . Before always bought from up North but wanted to try buy more local!

Problem is that you may both be correct and be the victim of a robbery. How long was the order left alone and was there any indication of disturbance if the pallet ws sealed in some way ?

Thanks buddy 100% there 15kg . This is what i get for buying from a supplier in Ireland . Before always bought from up North but wanted to try buy more local!
So one little dispute with one supplier and you tar EVERY Irish business.

I'd like to give advice, but you've lost me with that type of sweeping comment.

Hi Peemac, was a bit off the cuff with frustration last week just very disappointed, and NO not tarring all suppliers!! but I still have not heard back from the supplier who said they would be in touch Friday.

Hi Elcato, No the pallet was "sound" i.e the wrapping was sound on it and it was dropped to the rear of my house only being there 1 hour max. So only conclusion was incorrect amount palletised or was split during carriage, which I doubt as have had alot of deliveries from this co. with no issues.

Peemac, in respect to "wood pellet's" the best is Balcas, i.e they are produced in N.Ireland, thus if I purchase in republic (which I can) I am merely paying a middle man to say I've bought off an Irish supplier. I did not fully go into the specifics but let alone where the pellets missing 21 bags they where also of Eastern European origin, even thou was informed they where produced in Ireland and on there web page shows Irish produced pellets.

Hi Elcato, No the pallet was "sound" i.e the wrapping was sound on it and it was dropped to the rear of my house only being there 1 hour max. So only conclusion was incorrect amount palletised or was split during carriage, which I doubt as have had alot of deliveries from this co. with no issues.
If the delivery co was doing the rounds it is possible they could have left you another customer's order. Did the wrapping have any delivery/customer info attached?

Back