Delivery of goods from Argos in Newry

bigbertha

Hi, I'm looking at buying a recliner chair from Argos in Newry (which would save me over 100 euros on prices in the South). However, this item is
for home delivery only and when I phoned to ask about deliveries to the South was informed that they stopped doing this a few weeks ago owing to Argos down South losing business!!! I wonder why?!!!!!!
I don't know anyone in Newry and was wondering is there any other way around this? Thanks

I was in the same boat a few weeks ago. Only way around is to use someone you know that has a friend /relation with a NI address you can get it delivered to

I heard recently about someone going up north to buy a TV because it was much cheaper and having paid for it, asked when it would be convenient to come back to collect it as they hadn't got their own transport that day and they were told to take the receipt in to a branch of the store in the town where they lived and collect the item there, so maybe you could try that. I think the store was Curry's.

Curry's in NI and the republic are different companies that trade under the same name. A collegue priced items at the w-end in Curry's in the Rep and in NI and even allowing for coversion Cuury's in NI was cheaper. Rate is v good at the moment ~ 93.5p to euro

Hi
By the time you will allow for the petrol up and back to collect, 2 x toll payments and prob lunch/coffee en route or up there the saving will be an awful lot less than the initial hundered, I was in Newry yesterday on business and when I was coming back the traffic into Newry was horrendous so factoring in time spent getting there and back I have to say I personally would gladly spend €100 more with no hassle and get it delivered to my door here!