delivery by UPS

sooty

Would any one know how long it takes to take something from the states by UPS.....I have an item ordered which they tell me was sent last Monday 25th June but no sign yet of item?

I ordered a gift for my mother's birthday from Swarovski by UPS. I ordered it about 3 weeks in advance so I could select the delivery date and even requested for it to be delivered 2 days before her birthday just incase there were any delays and she still didn't receive it on the morning of her birthday. Someone then told me that it was a local taxi firm that made the deliveries and I should give them a call because sometimes they had the packages in their office for a couple of days if they were busy. I rang the taxi firm and sure enough they had the package in their office and said I could call in to collect it if I liked. I collected the package and wasn't even offered an apology.

While I'm sure that what happened with me isn't the norm, maybe you could find out who delivers in your area and give them a call?

How would I find out who delivers it in my area......

Sorry I don't know that. It was only when I mentioned to someone that I was waiting on a package I had ordered that they asked was it UPS...

Unless the OP is in a fairly remote area, it is unusual for anyone but UPS themselves to complete delivery of packages.

Now, have received a tracking number from the company in the states, when I key it into the tracking enquiry, I get an error message and to try again later - AAAAAAGH. Does it take overnight for the number to register live on the UPS tracking system.

Anyone having trouble with UPS? I was due to receive a parcel last Thursday from the USA. According to the tracking number it is in Dublin and has been for 6 days now. I rang UPS customer service. Useless. They had the same information as me basically.
Over on Boards, it appears that I am not the only person having the same problem.

How can so many parcels go missing?

I’ve purchased a number items lately from China, USA and UK.
They’ve all had tracking numbers and most of them have been in Dublin (a warehouse, presumably) for up to four weeks.
I’d given up hope of them arriving, but they did.

I’ve never seen so many delivery vans on the roads here. And I’ve never seen so many rental vans with UK registrations on the roads.

It’s a lockdown thing. The couriers lack the capacity for the increased volume of business.

maybe this is the wrong site to post these type of comments?
I have to say that I am beginning to think so. Brendan's sarcastic comment is unfortunately the type of comment that this site is becoming to familiar with.
If you look at the number of people who regularly post here....I would say there is a hard core 50 or so with others dropping in from time to time.

A lot of the time it can be an unpleasant experience.

Regarding UPS......I have found them the pits.

Still waiting on a parcel that was due to be delivered by UPS two weeks ago.

I contacted their helpdesk. The guy at the other end only had the same information as me and just told me to initiate a claim. This is a big ordeal with lots of information required. Then after inputting all the required information I was give the message "try again later".

They are definitely in my top 3 of most annoying companies to have to deal with.

This thread has me spooked... Just got an email from company I ordered with that the delivery will be by UPS :(
Am hoping as it's a domestic delivery less chance of something going wrong.

I always found UPS to be the courier to give me trouble if there was an issue to arise.

On the rare occasions that I get something from the US, UPS are the only carrier that charges me extra tax on this side. All other carriers seemed to accept the fact that I had paid the import duty as part of my initial purchase.

Unfortunately, we don't get a choice of couriers... it can be pot luck.

That is terrible.

It's the second complain in 13 years.

Most people don't get packages from UPS. Usually only used with items from the USA. Askaboutmoney is probably not the site where someone might complain about their service, hence the few posts.

I suppose people who use askaboutmoney as their regular choice of site might post here about it. I think they should be encouraged to post about this and not have a sarcastic comment passed about their post.

I seldom get parcels delivered by UPS. I have found their Tracking system to be very poor and even confusing to use. They have also "lost" a parcel being delivered to me from the USA earlier this year. How can a parcel get "lost"?

I can confirm their website is terrible. Email received with button to "change delivery".
Click to change delivery date. Register. No option to change delivery date.

Click to view delivery planner. There are no deliveries to view.

Received a package via UPS a few hours ago which is still not showing as delivered in their system.

Is Fedex better than UPS?

UPS sent me an email on 2nd January telling me something would be delivered by the end of the following day. I stayed in all day and it did not arrive. They sent me a new email on 4th January with a 14 January delivery date.

For a different package, on the 17th June, they sent me an email for delivery the following day. And they did deliver it in the early afternoon.

DPD gave me a 2 hour window for a purchase from Harvey Norman and delivered before that.

Coincidentally, UPS collected a parcel in the UK and today is the scheduled delivery day. I presume I can ignore that and wait for an email or text from them?

But if I have a choice, should I ask the sender to use Fedex?

Brendan

Back