Delay on car

• Thread starter Golf_GT_TSI
  • Start date
G

Golf_GT_TSI

here it s

put a deposit on new car 5 weeks ago in which i was told it would be 8-10 weeks

now i know the golf gt tsi 122 bhp is delayed or stopped in some places , but i ordered the 140 bhp and when i called dealer today to find out if it will be early or on time i was told it was due to be here in 1st or 2nd week of may

now to me thats 13-14 weeks from date of order

is there anyway i can ask the garage to lower its price as its 5 weeks over what i was told ??? i mean its not my fault they dont have em now

any ideas what to do ???

You can ask but you'll get nowhere. It's not the Dealer's fault either.

Be patient or buy something else.

Not a chance - this happens all the time (I told you in an earlier post that it probably take longer anyway). If it had arrived earlier and the dealer had asked you to pay more for it would you have been willing to give them the extra cash? The dealer has no control over the delivery time. Be pacient - it will be here when its ready.

Patient - not pacient!!

It will be worth the wail

i hope so

least gives me time to save a big more

why pay him more if it arrived sooner ??? im buying the car , giving him business

on the other hand , i was quoted at 8-10 weeks so its a month over due , not what they said to me , if they said 3.5 months
i may not have bought it

It is a product that is made to order therefore you cant guarentee a delivery date and i'm sure at the time you would have been told to contact them closer to the delivery date to find out what the state of play is. If you are so dis-satisfied why don't you cancel your order and place it with another dealer?

Stephen & bacchus both have good points, however I know how Golf_GT feels, getting a new car is exciting, and its human nature to want it when you were told youd get first off, when news breaks that its gonna be a little later your bound to be a bit dissapointed / frustrated. Sit tight Golf_GT, your in a good position, your gettin a new car....!!!!! That deadly......

...is there anyway i can ask the garage to lower its price as its 5 weeks over what i was told ??? i mean its not my fault they dont have em now...
You could try asking them to give you a discount or throw in a few optional extras as compensation, but I think I can predict the response.
...any ideas what to do ???
Either sit and wait patiently or cancel the order and ask for your deposit back, but as I suspect you may have signed the SIMI order form, the latter may not be an option.

There is a huge demand for this car at the moment so if you ask for any discount i'm sure you will be told where to go. They will be able to sell it on to someone within a matter of hours.

You have a lovely car with a nice spec on the way (I have one) - sit it out, these things happen, it's worth the wait! Any questions ppm me.

I can see it now, the AAM Golf_GT_TSI expectant owners support club, would that be a sort of anti-natal group I wonder Would love one of those GT's after seeing a few around lately, looks fab in white.

cheers dave

of course i bought right car , but 8-10 weeks is big diff to 13-15 weeks

its white , 18 " gti alloys , sunroof , arm rest , ipod interface ( under arm rest is ipod doc