Dehumidifier

dodo

Need a dehumidifier for one bedroom which seems to have damp walls, what is the cheapest around which will do the job, thanks

Argos have a good selection in the catalogue which do the trick. You're looking at 3-400 euro maybe?

ALDI had smaller ones last week for about 50. Your local store might still have one left. I got two and they seem to be working grand.

I got a small one in Homebase and it was good value at about €45 - bought in the Derry store for ST£30

I got a DeLonghi from Argos recently - around €280 - works fine.

The smaller ones tend to be designed to help dry clothes - so it's worth paying the extra for more extraction power, and a bigger tank, if you have damp walls.

Just borrowed one from a friend, how do I get rid of smell of damp from walls/ room

Is the smell bad? If there was a damp problem in a room with a stud wall, or with a drylined wall (if the plasterboard is on timber studs) you could have some rotting timber. Very hard to get rid of this smell without taking out the rotten wood if this is the case.

solid walls old house

Got one from a while ago from Buy & Sell, new and unused in sealed box, for 100 euro. It's a compact model- B&Q own brand, sells for 125 euros or thereabouts. Works well and did the job. Worth trying Buy & Sell (or similar) as people often need these for specific tasks then offload them afterwards.