definition of penny-stock

marfsmal

So..just trying to make sure how a penny-stock is truly defined- I'm thinking that it's say 0.01- 1.00 dollar/euro etc.

Or in the financial world would a penny-stock be anything up to 10 dollars?

Sorry! I'm trying to learn :)

You are right about 0.01-1.00. Just be carefull trading them. I'd recommend to start trading ETFs or decent companies if you are beginner.

I was just wondering how broad the definition is. I am a beginner but I wouldn't invest in a true penny stock (i.e a total new unknown company) without insider knowledge or something really convincing.

The reason I asked was cause some perceived good companies have been wiped out by the short sellers and/or economic climate of late, and were down to near bottom -- they aren't your true penny stocks obviously but they did go down to that level- they are now enjoying a good run of it with the last few month's rally.

I guess in both keeping with and moving away from the term penny stock would these stocks still essentially be a bad move, in that any future downturns in the market will kill them off first and they'd be back to zilch-ish.

Will there be a pullback on these stocks? And so it's be wiser to buy on a pullback?

Back