Defer Credit Card payment by a couple of days?

lenovoguy

Hi there

I have an AIB MC2 student MasterCard, and this month my bill was around €1000. The bill is due on Tuesday. In work there was a technical glitch with payroll last Tuesday, so we were given a cheque instead. Today I had 800 in my account and paid 600 toward my CC bill. I've been so mentally busy in work that I haven't been able to get to the bank yet to lodge the cheque and I forgot tomorrow and Monday are non-working days, so are you able to ring them up and ask for an extension of a day or two to pay it off?

Thanks

L

You already paid more than the minimum charge so you won't have to pay a fine.

You might be charged literally a couple of euro in interest until you get the bill paid. Nothing to worry about! You won't get an extension.

Oh, and tomorrow is a working day (I think)

Today may be a working day, but AFAIK, none of the banks open today.

I would be very surprised if a CC company waived interest, because you rang them up and asked nicely.

You will just have to pay the interest. I know it hurts, I always pay my whole bill on time and it would gall me to give them a penny in interest, but it shouldn't be that much if you pay it ASAP.

Ring them on Tuesday morning and explain the position. In the past I have been a day or two late paying my credit card and have persuaded them to waive the interest.

Generally, they will only do this if you always clear the whole balance and your failure to do so is a one-off oversight.

Back