Deerpark, Kiltipper

Julesanddave

Hi there

Just me again!

Can anyone tell me what this estate is like.. Is the transport into town ok?

is it a quiet enough area and are there many primary schools close by.

Thanks

Jules

Hi Julesanddave

I had been living in Kiltipper (Marlfield) right beside Deerpark for the last 2 years. Overall the area is fine with good amenities. Shops, pub and a very good butchers....

Never really used the bus service during the day 54A, but did use the Nitelink which is very handy as it is about 20 quid from town for a Taxi.
There is a primary school 5 mins walk away and very good sporting amenities Thomas Davis GAA, Postal Club, Glenville Pitch and Putt.

One bit of advice about Deerpark is to have a good walk around the area before you decide. One end (around Deerpark road, view, place & way ) is fine. Fairly quiet and no messing goin on. Down the other end towards Cushlawn is a different story. I know a few people down there who have had hassle from little thugs with nothing better to be doin. There was talk from the council of building a large wall between Deerpark and Cushlawn.

Dont mean to scare you off. As i said most of it is fine. Just have a good look around the area first

What part of Deerpark are you looking at?

Thanks for that.. I just saw a few houses on myhome within our budget( just about) My parents live in Ballinteer so it wouldnt be too far from them..

But I have heard mixed reviews about the area.. Just as you mentioned about the far side..

Have never been up there, so will go and have a look next time we are home..

Thanks

Julie

Back