Decent Dublin Pub Grub

bluetoff

Can anyone recommend somewhere decent in Dublin City Centre for a few pints and some decent grub before tonight's Simply Red concert.

The Market Bar. I actually dislike the place as a pub (not really my style of clientel and there's something about the acoustics - it's incredibly noisy even though they don't play music) but the food (Tapas) is great and very good value (6 quid per dish). However the booze is very expensive there so you might want to move off after eating.

Where's the concert on?

Life Bar has good food, again at reasonable prices.

The Lotts does indeed have good food as well.

I third the Porterhouse (the one at the end of Temple Bar) - I don't know what the new one in the Old Judge Roy Beans is like....

Was in Dunne & Crescenzi for the first time last week and loved it - not quite pub grub but great for grabbing a bite to eat and a glass of wine.

Janet said:
Was in Dunne & Crescenzi for the first time last week and loved it - not quite pub grub but great for grabbing a bite to eat and a glass of wine.

Lovely place but always very busy.

O'Neill's on Suffolk Street is very popular, have eaten there a couple of times. Food is good carvery style, portions are gererous.
Leo