debt problems & maratial problems combined.

E

Elcato

debt problems & maratial problems combined.

Roz wrote :

Hello,
I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me. I at this point in time owe 30,000.00 euros. Am in the middle of a separation which is going to add more to my problems.
At present I don't know if the judge will order that my house will be sold - 1/2 to my husband.
My take-home pay is 300.00 euros per week.
My husband pays the mortgage which works out at 50.00 per week.
He is on disability payment of 140.00 per week.
I might add he's not disabled at the pub which got him disabled in the first place if you follow me.
All other bills are payed by me including groceries and toiletries. My husband refuses point blank to contribute anything to the house - ergo separation.
There is 12000.00 euros borrowed from credit union for car - remainder borrowed over time to pay off debts that I cannot keep up with. Son earning - won't contribute without fight - i know he has to go as well.
I divide my money each week as follows
100.00 euros to bank for all direct debits, 90.00 euros to credit union, 20 euros to ESB, remainder to feed me and keep petrol in the car. Cannot buy clothes or shoes. Have no medical insurance of any kind. Cannot afford it. Can anyone help with this matter. PS I'm 49 years of age, bank will not give me loan to pay off husband - I've asked. Please help - at this point in my life i should be winding down and putting some money away for retirement but can't see how.
Please Help.
Roz

Reposted by Elcato due to username being a possible source of identity. Roz - I think it may be in your interest not to be so specific on your username as you don't know who would post here.

Roz,
Do you absolutely need the car? What is its resale value? Could you survive with cheaper model until this crisi is over?

tedd

Sorry to hear of your difficult situation. What is the value of the house and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

Suggestions

1. Apply to the court (solictor will help) to force your husband to contribute more, welfare may reduce his payment and pass to you instead if he is not assisting.

2. Technically, you can evict your son. Alternatively, speak to solicitor about getting the house (then you can probably evict them both)

3. Leave, but if you have joint ownership of the family home try to force your husband to sell. Use the equity to buy somewhere smaller for yourself (easier to get a mortgage with adverse credit than it is to get loans)

Try to separate your finances as much as possible. Your family seem to be dragging you under.

Debt problems

Hi Roz,
Sorry for your problems and you have indeed got sound advice from other contributors. I would just say to you that having been there myself that dealing with the emotional aspects ( irrespective of the circumstances ) will be as hard as dealing with the financial aspects of the situation. Think very carefully about each step you take and dont rush as you may make too many mistakes.

Back