Debit cards and Laser cards booking flights

22+allin

Why are some debit cards and Laser cards not accepted on web-sites
It seems if you pay useing credit cards and pay the fee they are accepted
But because Laser and Credit cards on some web sites are free they don't accept.

Has anybody had issues with Laser cards?

Do you mean Laser, or a Laser card with the Maestro/Cirrus logos ?

Laser is an Irish scheme, that will soon run it's course. Non-Irish websites know little, and care less, about Laser.

It's up to the seller of a service as to what card the will accept for payment. If there's more advantage for them in stipulating credit card only, then they will !

I mean NIB Laser card with Maestro logo
I didn't know there was two Laser's
What I am saying is you get a choice from the seller to tick which card you want to use, but if you tick debit or Laser/maestro card and try to use it,
it won't go through. (Its free) It will accept credit cards @5.59 fee.

sorry to cut in on ur thread but how do i start a new thread?
thanks

sorry to cut in on ur thread but how do i start a new thread?
thanks

Hit the back button and go to the forum you want, e.g. 'Deposits'. at the top left as you look at it there is a big button 'New Thread'. Hit it and off you go.

22+Allin
From the point of view of the retailer, there are quite different risks associated with accepting Laser cards. Laser cards, and other debit cards are designed for use only in cardholder present transactions, and there are examples in other threads on this site of retailers who got stung as a result of accepting them for online transactions.

Of course, accepting credit cards is not without risks for the retailer, but a lot of work has been done to minimise the risk here.

I'm not sure that you're right there, Gulliver.
I have never had a credit card but have used my Visa debit card in many places round the world without a problem. This includes booking flights and hotels direct with the providers. (I used it in Australia at the dentists for example.)