Deaths from Covid19 or deaths with Covid19.

It's in their daily briefing and is also on the Gov website...

Dr Holohan said 433 laboratory confirmed deaths were associated to residential care settings, with 103 occurring in a hospital setting.
He said 361 laboratory confirmed deaths were related to nursing homes and that 87 of those had occurred in hospital.

Thanks Sunny,

I need help with the math on this link

1. Total to 794 deaths

2. 392 (49%) deaths occurred in a hospital setting

3. 433 people have died in community residential settings, 103 of whom died in hospital settings

2 and 3 = 825
If 2 and 3 has a double count of the 103, we get 722 meaning that 72 people have died with Covid outside a community residential setting (i.e. NHs and other centres) and hospitals. Seems a bit odd to me?

Thanks Sunny,

I need help with the math on this link

1. Total to 794 deaths

2. 392 (49%) deaths occurred in a hospital setting

3. 433 people have died in community residential settings, 103 of whom died in hospital settings

2 and 3 = 825
If 2 and 3 has a double count of the 103, we get 722 meaning that 72 people have died with Covid outside a community residential setting (i.e. NHs and other centres) and hospitals. Seems a bit odd to me?

I haven't looked at detail but I presume the difference is because they are talking about laboratory confirmed cases and probable cases. Think there are about 70 probable cases from residential settings.

So, the median age of the population of Ireland is 36.5 and with a median age of those shown to be infected by Covid19 (showing symptoms and therefore tested) of 49 and a median age for those who have died of 82 is it reasonable to assume that the younger you are the more likely you are to be asymptomatic?
Some of the smart people on AAM may be able to do the maths but assuming that the disease is as likely to infect you at any age what is the breakdown of the chances of dying from this by age? In Italy 83% of reported deaths were amongst over 70's. If we have the same rates then should we be looking at more targeted cocooning?

Back