Dealing with Estate Agents for a retail property

T

theduke

Hi all,
I'm planning to set up a shop next year so I'm looking around at premises to rent. I know my space requirements, and what part of Dublin I want to set up.
I've been keeping an eye as for rent signs around town as well as online, on daft and property.ie.
Is it advisable to go through estate agent? What are the pros and cons? Should I give my specs to several and see what they say? Will I end up having to use one anyway to do the paperwork even if I find the property myself?
Can anyone advise about briefing Estate agents? The Dos and don'ts, and things to watch out for. For instance, I've heard you should not tell them the full amount you're able to spend, as they tend to accept the highest price to get the highest commission.
Thanks

Are you looking for a property finder or an estate agent?

Estate agents act for the vendor or lessor, property finders act for the purchaser or lessor.

This specialization has occurred in the UK in Residential property but I don't know if its occurred here in Commercial property.

Thanks ONQ

I'm looking for a property finder, i assummed that most companies offer both this side of the pond :0