dealer withdraws car offer

johnnyg

Hi, My wife went to a garage on wednesday to upgrade her car to a 07, she took the new car for a test drive and the dealer said that he would give her x amount for her own car, she rang yesterday to sort out the finer details of reg etc and was told that he wouldn't take her car, that he wouldn't take a renault..has my wife any recourse as personally he has gone back on the deal, any where to complain?

Last edited:
No, Without signing S.I.M.I. order form, No deal was done so nothing to back to.

just out of curiosity, was it a Renault garage she went back to? I heard a story a few weeks ago that someone went to trade in their '04 or '05 Laguna to a Renault garage and they said they wouldn't take it cos they find it hard to sell them on again.....that's confidence in the brand for ya

'04 Laguna couldn't give it away, Most Renault dealers are getting stuck with these traded in so most will only take back in the one's they sold and at that give very little for them.

if it was a a laguna it wouldnt suprise me we have all our sales people on alert as a no touch car unless we get it in for nothing .thats not to say there crap but from 03 on just about anything can go wrong and no traders want them