Deal or No Deal

Audrey

Having just watched tonights Deal or No Deal, I get the impression that yesterday there was a €250,000 (or at least there was €250,000 in the main box). Did anybody see the show? Was there a quarter-million winner?

A

Audrey, no-one has won the 1/4 mill yet. The new series starts on Monday 28th August and from the way Noel has been talking in interviews lately - at least one person HAS won it. They film 3 or 4 shows a day.

Imagine not being able to tell anyone for months!! What a nightmare!

tv for the moronic - a childs guessing game - IMO

tv for the moronic - a childs guessing game - IMO
I actually agree with you - it's much ado about nothing really. That's why I was surprised when (I thought) Noel mentioned something about 250k being won or almost won the previous week. I would be very surprised if anybody ever won it. It's not even a game of skill, purely guessing, with the eejit (Noel E) trying to convince us, and the contestants, that we can affect the outcome by concentrating!!!! They must have, so far, given away the grand total of about one pound eleven shillings and sixpence!!

I would be very surprised if anybody ever won it.
Why Audrey?

Based on the fact it's a game of pure chance, would you be as surprised if anybody ever won £50?

i have to agree though that it is a great game and makes excellent tv .it being moronic is another matter.. just suppose you are interested in financial programs and your granny likes deal or no deal.. u wouldn't like it if she said your program was moronic tv

i have to agree though that it is a great game and makes excellent tv .it being moronic is another matter.. just suppose you are interested in financial programs and your granny likes deal or no deal.. u wouldn't like it if she said your program was moronic tv

liking or not liking the comment wouldnt change anything - I have no problem with a simple guessing being on TV - its fine if it just passes half an hour - what I cant stand in the way Edmunds and some views build in the strategy into the game and if it is the new 15-to-1!!!

There is no difference if you started at box 1 and went straight up the numbers as its totally random.

Edmunds - "so Mary, what number will you have next"

Mary - "well John had a high number yesterday and a low number the day before - I think he will have a low number today, but I am not sure!! Derek has box number 7 today, 2 sevens a 14 - 1+4 is 5 - Sheila has box number 5, I like Shelia she is very nice, I have a niece called Sheila - she 12 - I'll got for box 12!!"

Edmunds - "oh, doesnt she play the game well"

Its total b@ll@ocks!!

All you have to do is add the number of boxes together and divide that into the total amount left that is available on the board - e.g. if the combined total in all the boxes is £154,000 and there are seven boxes left then your box theoretically is worth £22,000 and you should therefore not accept an offer from the banker of much less than that figure!

(as you can she I have an opinion on the matter!!)

It's not fair to admonish Edmonds though, his job is not to advise the contestants but to make sure a game that could be over in just 18 or so simple guesses (i.e about 4 minutes) lasts for an hour so the show can generate revenue from the 4 ad breaks. He does a decent job IMHO.

I understand Edmunds role in the charade - what annoys me is that people actually buy into the format - does the programme last an hour!?!? I'm shocked - even Loose Women or some shopping channel would be better! - I cant believe how popular the show is here in England - and obviously in Ireland also!

i agree with your scirntific deductions and if i ever find myself in the seat which i doubt very much them i will put it to the test..
it is great TV though

i agree with your scirntific deductions and if i ever find myself in the seat which i doubt very much them i will put it to the test..
it is great TV though

I assume you mean scientific. Scientific its not, its basic first year junior cert maths.

Good TV its not.

I would be very surprised if anybody ever won it.
Why Audrey?

Based on the fact it's a game of pure chance, would you be as surprised if anybody ever won £50?

Because if you had a contestant faced with 2 boxes left, his/her own and another, but there was only 250k and 1k on the board......banker comes in and offers 100k, would you take the 2/1 shot that your box contained the 250k and not the 1k??

Back