DC3 flying low over Tullamore

Z

z109

Anyone know why there is a DC3 flying low over Tullamore? (By low, I mean under 200 feet, I guess). Is there a badly advertised airshow I'm missing?

Perhaps Ryanair's latest cost-cutting measure is to dispense with buying expensive modern jets in favour of cheaper second-hand planes??

Problem solved. Bell Geospace are doing geophysical surveys:
[broken link removed]

Wonder what they are looking for? Or are they looking at the bypass? Ho hum. Another problem created.

Edit: another problem solved:
http://www.flyinginirelandmagazine....?p=24369&sid=bfabef3935dd20449d7fbf827caa3e35
In August and September a low-level airborne geophysical survey will be flown in parts of counties Offaly, Westmeath, Laois, Longford, Meath and Kildare. The survey area extends from Ferbane eastward to Enfield, towards Ballymahon and Mullingar in the north, and southwards towards Mountmellick.

The survey is being carried out on behalf of Boliden Tara Mines Limited and Mayfly Resources Limited to obtain more information on the geology of the region as part of ongoing mineral exploration programmes. The aircraft is carrying a range of geophysical equipment that maps geophysical characteristics of the rocks and will help understand the natural resource potential of the region.

Back