Daylight Saving Time

Smashbox

I would just like to have a moan about how I am missing out on one hour in bed tonight, I finish work at 2am - now 3am, and have to start at 11.30am.

Anyone else got a sob story they wanna share?!

I used to work 12 hour nights - 8pm - 8am. I always tried to get the night of changing to Winter time off, as it meant working 13 hours (which was a killer) and whats worse we were only paid for 12 hours . I rarely managed to be working nights by the way when it came to the Summertime changeover!

What about the 11 hour rest period you're meant to have Smashbox? Is only getting 8.5 hours off between shifts not illegal?

Yeah I know all about it shesells... my employer doesnt care because no one ever checks!

ha you think thats bad, my baby now will go to bed an hour later tonight because she won't be tired and we were already finding it hard to get her to bed before 9

Smashbox you can request a labour inspector visit, info on the NERA site

I'll have to call them into where I work as I rarely get to take uninterrupted breaks, work very long hours for very little pay.

I'm even expected to do some hours today.

Same with me Davy, my wages are truly awful.

At least I have a job, which is why I dont complain.

Smashbox you can request a labour inspector visit, info on the NERA site
There is a massive amount of compliance involved in running an Irish company. It could very well be the case that the employer does not know about this law. I certainly didn't.
Instead of calling in the quangos and incurring associated costs and fines etc. (which could be enough to close the company down) why not just approach the management about such concerns?

(Note, our company would rather turn work down than hire people because of government compliance overhead)

Leghorn, I've come across more than a few companies who are well aware of the law but choose to think they're above it. No contracts, who cares? Imposed paycuts, there's a recession you know....... etc. NERA are more important now than ever.

Smashbox, as the time officially changed at 1am (to 2am), why did your employer insist you stayed until 3 if your shift should have ended at 2? He/she/they made you work 8, 9, 10 hours regardless of the time on the clock? Not playing fair!

But lets look at the postive this Monday morning...THE LIGHT IS BACK !!! YIPPEE !!!

I love the hour changing. Love it ! Never mind the weather, its all about light...we've had 4/5 months of dark evenings but now we've 6/7 months of lovely LIGHT !!

So much to do, so little time !

1. Leghorn - they know. Approaching management is not an option, as I am one of two managers onsite.

2. Gipi - Had no other choice but to stay, I work in a place where the 'new times' didn't effect the amount of time the customer had to stay in the place.

It may be the extra brightness yesterday evening but have only noticed then that baldyman27 is a "contributor" as opposed to "frequent poster". Did Smashbox have anything to do with this?

It may be the extra brightness yesterday evening but have only noticed then that baldyman27 is a "contributor" as opposed to "frequent poster". Did Smashbox have anything to do with this?

Are you implying that I contributed something to the e-babies that have been popping up lately?? I wouldn't dare try to squeeze into the cosy little group that's going there.

A new and more sinister way of IVF, called EBG. You get an injection in the lower jaw. No more E babies, now E by gum nippers.

Are you implying that I contributed something to the e-babies that have been popping up lately?? I wouldn't dare try to squeeze into the cosy little group that's going there.

There isn't any room for you anyway, that greasy back street alley is crowded out.

I also love it when the days get longer, I get to play football with my boy when we get home for an hour.

Chocks, I certainly didn't, he's still not invited... why are you now a contributor bald man!?

How I long for your comments!! Ask S.L.F. at your next little closed-door party, I explained all to him previously. Something to do with me being from Cork and bald, seems I'm automatically elevated.