Day trip to Dublin

danole

'Thinking of taking the Lad (8) to the Big Smoke on Monday.......is there anything on in the city that may be of interest to us both?? Thanks!

That's a thought! How does one get there from Heuston?? 'Was thinking of the "Bodies" exhibition,but he may be a little young.

Luas or 90 bus to city centre (O'Connell Street) then the 3, 11/11a/11b, 13/13a, 16/16a, 33, 41/41b/41c to the stop outside Drumcondra station (or optionally the train from Connolly to Drumcondra) and walk from there

its not the easiest place to get to from Heuston.. i'd say get the bus or luas to O'Connell St.. then a bus to Drumcondra (eg: 3 or 16) and walk down Clonliffe road.. its not a far walk from the city center - but depends how well you know the area.. theres also a map on that website

Bodies was good.. I was with my 11 year old and she asked lots of interesting questions!.. might be a bit creepy for younger people thou!

Zoo (around €25 for adult + child) & Phoenix park might be nice if the weathers good - take 10 bus from O'Connell St. or one of those Dublin Tour buses.. or wax museum/cinema if it rains?

Last edited:
Where is "Bodies" on? Also,is it possible to get a 1 day ticket for Dublin Bus services?

bodies is in the old ambassador cinema at the top of O'Connell St.. [broken link removed]

and yes, Rambler 1 Day Adult €6.00 or Rambler 1 Day Family €10.00 ..[broken link removed]

yep, you can (as long as you are not planning to get the Airport Express or head out on the town and use the NiteLink!)
[broken link removed]

[broken link removed] is on in the Ambassador Theatre on O'Connell Street

If you're getting the train and can be flexible time-wise you can get 50% reductions on the usual fare — but you have to book online. Alternatively, depending on where you're travelling from, you might be able to get their special [broken link removed] (€5 child return)? Their website also lists a number of other [broken link removed].

If it's raining, there's a big [broken link removed] in Collins Barracks (200m from Heuston) while the main Natural History Museum in Merrion Square is closed for refurbishing.

You can walk up to the Phoenix Park & the Zoo in a few minutes from Heuston.

z

Hey,
how did you get on in the big smoke?
With the lashings of rain i hope you went for indoor options?

Back