Day at the Races style outfit - where in Dublin

truthseeker

Hi,
I am looking for a designer (or not) outfit, something along the lines that one might wear to Ladies Day at the races. Im looking for something classy, not too much flesh on show - matching dress and coat type of thing.....

Anyone any good suggestions as to where to go shopping - Im based in Dublin.

Thanks!

It would totally depend on your budget and personal taste. A lot of the Ladies who 'dress', dress in a style similar to what is popularly worn to weddings, while others dress more comfortably but often distinctively 'designer'. So any place from Dunnes who do formal type wear in the Spring / Summer to say a boutique such as Havana in Donnybrook or Harvey Nichols who tend to run promotions prior to big events such as the Derby or Champions Stakes. I believe that the young woman who won best dressed at the National in Fairyhouse last year and one of the other main Ladies Day's was a fashion student who dressed from retailers such as River Island or Top Shop. The first rule of dressing for the races is wear clothing which is weather appropriate and shoes that are stylish but can be comfortably stood in for an entire day as required....and if you have a head that can wear a hat its a plus. Its a great day out and nothing is worth sore feet and freezing for a day. Naas is a great town for little boutiques who stock Race attire due to the number of courses close by and Racing is such a big industry there.

I would highly recommend going to a personal shopper in one of the big dept stores. I booked into Arnotts (Clara there) before xmas and was delighted with the outcome. I got a great dress for my xmas party and a wonderful coat for dress wear. I got lots of other ideas.(I am not great at putting clothes together) You do not have to pay for the service and are not obliged to buy anything. I don't have the no off hand but if you ring Arnotts they will put you through. I would highly recommend it.
I have no connection just someone who was highly satisfied.