David Lloyd Riverview

shaking

Anyone here a member of David Lloyd what do you think of it, is it worth the money?

I'm not a member of David Lloyd but I have been shown around it and was really disappointed. It depends on what you want out of a gym. I found that their gym equipment was all on top of each other in a fairly cramped room and that their pool facilities do not compare to other places.

If you are into rugby or tennis it's better than other gyms and it's certainly seems to be the preference of the VIPs. I think it's not worth the cash for gym and pool facilities alone - Total Fitness is great on these (no affiliation!)

I was a member for a few years until my locker was broken into and my clothes / wallet were stolen. They were very unhelpful - needless to say, not a penny to compensate.

Apart from that, the place is old and falling to bits - pool / jacuzzi / steam room are often offline due to repair and the gym equipment certainly was showing its age when I left. One other aspect that you may need to consider is that the carpark is always full at peak times.

Thansk for the replies that's enough to put me off! Where would be the next closest gym to donnybrook?

Friarsland in Clonskeagh? or the Sports Centre in UCD? I know the UCD Sports Centre is open to non student membership and it seems to have good facilities

I was a member of Friarsland. It's very small. They had some mad request that people only use the pool for about 30mins to keep it free for other members. Tiny pool too, more like a hotel pool. There's a nice atmosphere there though.

There's a new Jackie Skelly gym open in Nutgrove. Haven't seen the gym part of it, pool looks ok.

Total Fitness Sandyford is only a 10 minute drive from Donnybrook. There's also another gym open up that direction too, can't remember the name of it?

Back