Dave Mcsavage and Brendan O connor ,saturday night show.

thedaras

Dave Mcsavage is a comedian,he was I presume brought on with that "hat" on.

He was talking about religion ,on the show,and said,if he had a choice between a heroin addict and a catholic priest to baby sit his kids ,he knows which one he would choose.

At that stage,Brendan O connor jumped in to say,something like,with the week that was in it,he didn't think that this was appropriate!
I dont get that! Why was it not appropriate?

Talk about killing the fun.Mcsavage was not making fun of victims of clerical abuse in my humble opinion when saying the above,and I thought Oconnor,just jumped in for the sake of it,or to appear to be a caring sharing kinda guy.

It was just silly for Oconnor to jump in ,of course there are times when he would need too,but not there,it seemed his intervention was inappropriate to me
What do you think?

Im from Cork.

Brendan O'Connor is from Cork.

Brendan O'Connor is well known in Cork for being an "Awfull Langer" and what you describe is what we would call "Acting the sham".

If anyone needs a translation of these terms from Corkonian please PM me.

Anyway Dave McSavage would have been entitled to remind BOC that dressing as a priest and rapping " Who's in the house? This post will be deleted if not edited immediately in the house.." doesnt exactly make him a defender of the faith.

As far as I can see BOC likes being "controversial" more than most. Even if that means taking what is ostensibly the 'good' side. He's just a loudmouthed, occasionally nasty, pompous bore IMO

He's like an Irish version of Phil Jupitus or Chris Moyles or one of those insufferable gits.

As far as I can see BOC likes being "controversial" more than most. Even if that means taking what is ostensibly the 'good' side. He's just a loudmouthed, occasionally nasty, pompous bore IMO

The same guys said in the Sindo two years ago that the "smart, ballsy guys were buying property"....need i say more..

He's like an Irish version of Phil Jupitus or Chris Moyles or one of those insufferable gits.

I wouldn't have thought Phil Jupitus would be in the samer bracket as those two boys, always seems like a nice guy to me anyway.

With the exception that Jupitus or Moyles can actually be funny from time to time, without the need to read from a script

Have to say I agreed fully with Brendan O'Connor. It does'nt need to be the topic of every programme.

It was a joke,which a comedian who was invited onto the show said.

The producers know very well that comedians do ,and it was live tv.

What I cant see, is what was wrong with what DMS said?

It was as far as I heard ,getting at the church.

BOC said that he felt that in light of the week that was in it blah blah that it wasn't appropriate,What did he mean?

That the church may feel offended?Tough,I say..

Think what he said was that theres a lot of people hurting out there, presumably referring to the victims. As well as the victims you have the innocent priests who are going about their business, they must be sick to the teeth of this also.

I would agree with you under normal circumstances,however,my point remains that this was a comedian telling a joke,who was brought onto the show ,to do just that ,by producers whom know what he does and well aware that it was live TV.

I would agree with you under normal circumstances,however,my point remains that this was a comedian telling a joke,who was brought onto the show ,to do just that ,by producers whom know what he does and well aware that it was live TV.

Comedians can tell jokes but they don't have the final say in whats acceptable, didn't Tommmy Tiernan get ripped to shreds lately for jokes on the Late Late?

Comedians can tell jokes but they don't have the final say in whats acceptable, didn't Tommmy Tiernan get ripped to shreds lately for jokes on the Late Late?

There was also an issue with him a few years back of some tasteless joke he made about handicapped people.

Back